Saturday, December 15, 2007

Black Iris Reims Stockings

I decided to cast on for a variegated version of Reims Stockings and have a few repeats done so far. I was way curious to see how a variegated version of Alyson's great sock pattern would look and so far, I love it! The pattern is giving a nice texture to the colours. Has anyone else cast on with Black Iris? Feel free to post your projects on the blog too :)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions on January's artist. I haven't quite narrowed it down yet but I'm on my way! I am pleased to hear you think something vibrant would be great for January - I thought so too for breaking up the winter blahs.

3 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I haven't cast on with the black iris yet. I am still working on some odds and ends for the holiday. I have been trying to decide what pattern to use for it and the reims looks great! The variegated colors don't compete with the pattern at all. Good choice.

RoxanneZYG said...

Thanks Donna Lee...I was so curious to see how the Reims would look with something variegated and so far, so good. Yay! :)

Sandi said...

I just finished all of my Christmas knitting so I'm now able to begin knitting with your delicious yarn!!! Just can't decide which one to start with!! I'm leaning towards the Monet, as I have picked out a pattern.