Monday, October 27, 2008

November's Inspiration - Gustav Klimt

I stumbled on this painting while browsing for an inspiration piece and the colours really resonated with me! Isn't this just a lovely and gorgeous painting? I'm excited to paint these colours!

I've decided to use 100% superwash merino this month as it reflects colours a little more brightly and I think it'll suit this painting nicely. Deciding what yarn to use on a monthly basis is also a consideration every month. With different base yarn compositions I will get different colour results so each month I have to think about what yarn to use depending on what painting is chosen. Pretty cool eh?

Hope everyone's doing well! I can't believe it's almost November...where does the time go?

5 comments:

Donna Lee said...

This was one of my favorites. I love the gold/browns. It'll be a challenge for you.

RoxanneZYG said...

Thanks...it's really a pretty painting :)

Paula said...

Oh I love those colors

Paula said...

Ack, I lost my order form/bill for November. It was there then it wasn't and I think the cyber space dog ate it.
Could you send me another one please?

Monet said...

Wow! Love the colors in this! I cannot wait to see what you do with this Roxanne. It's very autumn and Thanksgiving like, even though I know for you Thanksgiving was last month.