Thursday, September 27, 2007

October's Inspiration - Pablo Picasso

Just because I can't stand not telling you all what the art piece inspiration is - here she is - Three Dancers by Pablo Picasso. It spoke to me this time because It's October and Fall and I felt inspired to do some rendition of Fall colours for October's yarns.

The yarns are mostly dyed now and I'm so pleased - well, beyond pleased actually. I can't wait to get these ones out to you guys - and again, I'm looking for your feedback on it - you guys are my "guinea pigs" for new yarn bases...LOL! Truly, this is a good thing because I have always been one to try new yarns...it's lots of fun that way and to have you guys try it for me it is a huge bonus of a sock club!

Can you hardly stand it? LOL! What yarn could she have possibly used and what colours this time?? Hee hee - I'm soooo bad for taunting! Don't worry - Monday they're hitting the mail!

6 comments:

Donna Lee said...

Yes, if you must know, I am very, one could even say, extremely, curious what yarn base you used. I do like the Picasso you chose. I was thinking of Nude Descending Stairs but I like the colors in the one you chose. Now I have to wait. It takes a long time for yarn to get here to NJ from where you are.

Ann said...

The colors in the painting are lovely & I am sure the yarn will be - looking forward to receiving it.

Nicole L said...

Nice choice Roxanne! I love this piece. Perhaps some browns, blues and oranges? I can hardly wait!

Anonymous said...

squeeeee (my guinea pig impression)

RoxanneZYG said...

Debbie...would that be an excited guinea pig sound? LOL! And shhhhhh on the colours Nicole...I can't tell...LOL! Looking forward to seeing how everyone likes them.

Helen said...

Nice one and looking forward to trying out your new yarn when it arrives. I'm sure it will be divine, just like the all the others.